Unfortunately, travel is not highly recommended at the moment unless you are near the destination that you have in mind. Not to mention that the destination has a strict policy to prevent the spread of COVID-19. When we are able to travel freely once again, here are a few precautions that you should keep top of mind to stay safe.
Aside from your own preventative measures like wearing a mask, regularly washing your hands and maintaining social distance, the place you are travelling to should have measures in place as well. The best accommodation choices in Harare will have you covered. State-of-the-art gadgets like hands-free scanners and readily available sanitizer will be just two of the many measures which you will see offered at accommodation facilities which put health and safety first. The precaution here is making sure that your destination has these systems in place and if they are the best, they’ll certainly have them in place.
Avoid public transport and keep a safe distance from any other fellow travellers. Keep yourself and your family safe by disinfecting as many objects before you come into contact with them.
Try to remain covered and keep your mask in place at all times. This can feel suffocating at times, but it is the best precautionary measure that you can enforce aside from staying within the sanctity of your luxury hotel room. Gloves are also a great idea but only if you sanitize and wash your hands just as regularly as you would without them on.
Here are a couple of small precautionary measures that you can take while travelling during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid contact with sick people.
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose or eyes with unwashed hands.
- Clean your hands often by washing them with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60% to 95% alcohol.
- It is incredibly important to clean your hands after blowing your nose, sneezing, after going to the bathroom and before eating.
- Supplies of hand sanitizer, tissues, and other hygiene products may be limited, so bring your own with you.
- Pay attention to your health during travel and for two weeks after you have travelled.
When discussing the preventative measures on the part of your destination, we were in part referring to our precautionary measures that are in place at Willow Lodge for our guests’ safety. For a safe stay, during and after the pandemic, contact us today for luxury top accommodation in Harare.